Part 1 of the National Dental Boards are over!!!
1/2 the way to being a dentist calls for a mini celebration…which comes in the form of summer, starting clinic, and FINALLY time for baking (and blogging)!!
There’s something so perfect about combining Coconut and Lime together. The bright beautiful colors and tropical flavors make this the perfect summer party cake.
Vanilla Coconut Key Lime Pound Cake
Ingredients: (For Cake)
2 ¼ cups all-purpose white flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (melted)
1.5 cups granulated white sugar or NuStevia Baking Blend (sugar-free option)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream
3 large eggs
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
3 tbs grated and diced lime peel / rind
1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut flakes (add more if you like coconut!)
1. Pre-heat oven toe 325F
2. Combine Dry ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well
3. Cream butter and sugar together, then add in remaining wet ingredients in order up to lime juice. mix well.
4. Mix in lime peel and shredded coconut
5. Pop into a pre-greased loaf tin and bake in over for 50 minutes or til a toothpick comes out clean from the deepest part of the loaf.
6. Cool cake before proceeding to glazing
1 Bottle of Duncan Hines vanilla glaze (Follow instructions on bottle and drizzle over cake)
1 tbs lime rind diced into tiny pieces to sprinkle
handful of dried shredded coconut to sprinkle