I’ve FOUND my favorite brand of deli meat & (omg) delicious sausages too!!! My brother couldn’t keep his paws off those.😛
Applegate Farms says, “When you pick up an Applegate Farms product, you can be assured that…
- Our animals are never given antibiotics. Healthy animals don’t need medicine. Instead, we give them space, fresh air, and a healthy diet, which we’re certain beats the alternative.
- Our livestock eat a completely vegetarian diet with no animal by-products. Cattle are grass-fed, just as nature intended. Hogs and poultry are fed a grain diet that includes corn, soy, barley, and flax.
- Our animals are never given hormones or artificial growth promotants. They grow at their natural rate.
- All of our products are made with natural and organic ingredients. If you aren’t familiar with a particular ingredient, email us and we’ll tell you what it is.
- Our products are all minimally processed, allowing for a wholesome texture and taste.
- Our products never contain artificial nitrates or nitrites. Instead, we use celery juice and sea salt to preserve our products the natural and old fashioned way.
- Our deli meat, hot dogs, burgers, and bacon are gluten and casein free.
- Our products are made from natural and organic whole muscle meat. Yes, even our hot dogs! No mystery here.
Michelle says, I can think of no other brand of deli meat that is as natural, healthy, and care-free to eat than Applegate products. The only downside? It can be a little too expensive for the budget-conscious, but a splurge worth it once in while!
“Next to a plate of fresh eggs and pancakes, or tossed with peppers and onions in linguine, our skinless Organic Chicken & Apple Sausage adds a little something sweet to any meal, no matter what time of day it is”.
Flavor: This sausage is definitely yummier than it looks, and it already looks delicious no? The smoky meat in the meaty roll is flavorful and rich contrasted with the sweetness of a maple-like glaze on the outside. What makes this a fantastic sausage is that it’s not too greasy, but yet has an incrediblybold meaty juicy flavor and that dense, chewy texture. Yes it’s a tad bit on the salty side, but what sausage isn’t? Eat it with lighter sides and you’re set! (Here it’s paired with some grilled chicken tenderloin…nowhere near as tasty as the sausage)
Organic Smoked Turkey Breast
“Our Smoked Turkey Breast is slow roasted and smoked to perfection.” (Pictured in a sandwich with some pickled Chinese cucumbers)
Flavor: Yes it is definitely smoked to perfection! The meat is juicy and well-salted…and comes in a larger-than-average slice. After a single bite, you’ll need to refrain from reaching back into the bag to pile more slices on top. Yummy!!! I recommend eating this in a sandwich with something a little sour (like my pickled cucumbers)/acidic to bring in a little kick to the meat.
Organic Smoked Chicken Breast
“Looking for a little variety? Look no further than our wholesome, delicious Organic Sliced Smoked Chicken Breast. Whole muscle cuts of organic chicken are carefully seasoned and smoked to mouth watering perfection.”
Featured here is part of my sandwich that’s got some awesome Cedar’s garlic cucumber strained yogurt dip slathered over the top. Match made in heaven. Period.
Flavor: You know…I really can’t tell too much of a difference between the smoked turkey and the smoked turkey. They had slightly different textures (the turkey being more “flaky” in a good way), but I do like the fact that the chicken is in smaller rounds. They tend to last a little longer…if you know what I mean.🙂
Organic Roasted Chicken
“We use only pure, premium cuts of certified organic chicken breast that’s been carefully seasoned and roasted to mouth watering perfection.”
Flavor: The best thing about this chicken is that it’s lean yet juicy, light yet still flavorful. The small rounds/slices make them easy to stack in a sandwich, and the texture of it all is just…so real! You know what I mean when you’ve eaten that processed deli meat that is literally just a slab of chemicals and ripped up meat. I recommend pairing it with hummus or mustard in a sandwich! Simple and wonderful.
Now head on over to see all the other fancy products Applegate Farms has to offer!