After walking by the Trader Joe’s Pumpkin granola for the 5th time this weekend, I vowed to myself to STOP vowing to myself that I’d make pumpkin granola….and JUST MAKE IT!!!
Yup, the brain juices got a churnin’, and let’s just say I’m not 100% ready yet for chia pudding (unless someone makes it yummy for me) but chia granola?? Bring it!
Vegan Cocoa Pumpkin ChiaNola!
Adapted from Pumpkin Pecan Granola II at Live Laugh Eat
I modified the recipe according to what I have in my pantry, but I also wanted to lighten it up and unsweeten it a little…plus add in a favorite mix-in of mine – puffed wheat!
- 2 cups rolled oats (I used 1 cup spelt flakes, 1 cut rolled oats)
- ¾ cup puffed wheat cereal
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (I used Bob’s Red Mill black chia seeds)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin butter
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 tbsp almond extract
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1/8 cup vanilla almond milk (or another milk/liquid of our choice)
(*Optional*) Ground Mixed nuts or Dried fruit to mix in at the end
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Cover a baking tray/sheet with cookie sheet or foil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the wet.
3. Mix the wet into the dry and coat evenly.
4. Pour granola mixture on tray and place into oven. Bake 50 minutes on top rack, stirring every 10 minutes to make sure granola doesn’t burn.
5. Remove from oven and toss in nuts/dried fruit. If you’re feeling naughty, drizzle extra agave over the top and mix to coat granola evenly.
Meet Bob’s Red Mill Chia seeds…
Chia is an ancient Grain that is quite possibly the most nutrient-packed seed EVER. It has:
- Over 5X the calcium of milk
- More Omega-3 than flax!
- Contains 3g of protein & 5g dietary fiber in just one 70-calorie tablespoon
- Is Gluten-free & lactose-free
- Chia can absorb many times its weight in liquids, giving a feeling of satiety, and hence keeps hunger at bay.
- You can use chia as a thickener or egg replacer in recipes!
Bob’s Red Mill grows chia by passionate farmers dedicated to sustainable farming methods to produce clean and nutritious chia of the highest quality!
***4 WINNER GIVEAWAY***
PRIZE: 4 winners will receive 1 16oz bag of chia seeds from Bob’s Red Mill!
Here’s how to enter:
- Leave me a comment with a Bob’s Red Mill product you’ve never tried but would like to OR your favorite BRM product (1 entry – but mandatory!)
- Comment/leave me an idea of how you’d use your chia seeds (1 entry) and if you include a recipe, you get 2 extra entries!
- Post about this contest on your blog and leave me a comment that you did. (+3 EXTRA entries!)
- TWEET about this giveaway with a linkback to this post (+1 Extra entry)
DID I mentioned odds of winning are HUGE??? Seriously, 4 winners?! (sorry, just had to put that out there)
Giveaway ends Friday March 19th midnight CST!