What does a girl do to celebrate being done with her second year of dental school?? Why, BAKE of course!
As I sit here contemplating what I’ve
suffered through achieved this year, I can’t help but feel relief, satisfaction, excitement, and most of all…pride, that I made it this far. I know it sounds cliche, but dental school is packed with challenges that I never knew existed. All I know is…I’m glad 2nd year is over. Never again!!!
National Boards were…horrendous. 3 weeks off to study for an 8 hour exam was bliss though.😉 Not to mention I will never have to see biochemistry again. EVER!
Lab work is tedious. 10 hours to mount fake teeth for a set of dentures. 8 hours to bend wires for an ortho retainers. 6 hours to do one root canal….
Starting clinic and seeing patients is absolutely AMAZING. This is exactly why I quit my job in finance. Helping people with real problems and getting the chance to take away pain, to improve how someone eats, smiles, talks…it’s a wonderful feeling. Having a complete stranger put their faith and trust in you to take care of them is such a rewarding feeling.
Classes. Exams. Let’s just say I’m glad exams are finally over. Brutal 12-exam blocks no more!😀
Looking for a twist to your good old banana bread? Want something with extra texture and packs a bolder flavor than the usual? Wanna indulge JUUUUST a teeny bit more than your usual? (Because I know I surely deserve it!)
You’ve found your recipe!
Banana Chunky Peanut Butter Bread
A dense, moist, sweet, yet light peanut buttery bread with a base of bananas, studded with crunchy peanut bits and glazed with a bright nutty peanut butter glaze.
A crowd pleaser for SURE (tried and tested). You won’t be able to stop at one bite and this is perfect to bring to parties. I promise!🙂
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 cup ripe, spotty banana, mashed
The Chunky Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbs milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tbs chunky peanut butter
- Preheat over to 350F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Add vanilla and peanut butter. Mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt mixture in medium bowl. Stir into butter-sugar mixture.
- Finally, fold in sour cream, peanuts and banana. DON’T OVER MIX!
- Bake in over for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool completely.
- After bread has completely cooled, make chunky PB glaze in a small bowl by combing all ingredients in a small bowl, mixing well. Drizzle over bread.
- DIVE RIGHT IN!!